SNSLTO7 Dell PowerVault LTO-7
- Dell PowerVault LTO-7 External Tape Backup
- LTO7 Tape Media, 5 Pack
- 6Gb Mini to HD-Mini SAS Cable, 2M
- Jumper Cord, 12A,4M,C13/C14
- Deskside Power Cord, 250V,10A,2M,C13
- 3Yr ProSupport and Mission Critical: (7×24) 4-hour Onsite Service
- No Installation
- SKU : SNSLTO7
Dell PowerVault LTO-8 Tape Drive
Store up to 12TB* (native) of data at up to 1080/GB*/hr (native). A 6Gb/s SAS interface enables the PowerVault LTO-8 tape drive to connect to PowerEdge servers. Upgrade easily from previous version thanks to read/write compatibility with LTO-7 media.
Dell PowerVault LTO-7 Tape Drive
Store up to 6TB* (native) of data at up to 1080GB*/hr (native). A 6Gb/s SAS interface enables the PowerVault LTO-7 tape drive to connect to PowerEdge servers. Upgrade easily from previous versions thanks to read/write compatibility with LTO-6 media and read compatibility with LTO-5.
Dell PowerVault LTO-6 Tape Drive
Store up to 2.5TB* (native) of data at up to 576GB*/hr (native). A 6Gb/s SAS interface enables the PowerVault LTO-6 to connect to PowerEdge servers. Upgrade easily from previous versions thanks to read/write compatibility with LTO-5 media and read compatibility with LTO-4.
Store lots of data for the long haul
Simplify data backup and archive by easily integrating the LTO family of tape drives into your data center. With up to 12TB of native capacity on a single cartridge, LTO drives provide decades of shelf life for industries and tasks that need reliable, long-term, large-capacity data retention, such as:
- Healthcare imaging
- Media and entertainment
- Video surveillance
- Geophysical (oil and gas) data
- Computational analysis, such as genome mapping and event simulations
Lower your long-term storage TCO and environmental impact
In addition to a lower acquisition cost per gigabyte, LTO tape drives lower your energy consumption and costs because power is used only when data is written to or read from the tape media. For infrequently accessed data, tape remains one of the most economical and environmentally friendly storage technologies available.
Tape storage also gives you room to grow. Its lower power consumption makes it an ideal part of a cloud physical infrastructure build-out. Linear Tape File System (LTFS) support removes software incompatibilities, creating portability between different vendors and operating systems to extend the life of your infrastructure investments.
Safeguard your data and meet regulatory compliance
LTO tape drives deliver peace of mind that your data is securely stored and in regulatory compliance against problems like hardware failure, natural disasters, theft or cyber threats.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption helps prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data, reducing the risk of data loss or corruption due to virus or sabotage and protecting data privacy during media transport.
- An LED encryption indicator visually confirms when data is being encrypted or when an encrypted cartridge is mounted.
- Write-once, read-many (WORM) media ensures that once data has been written, it cannot be altered.
Key benefits include:
- Up to 12TB native capacity per cartridge
- Up to 300MB/s native transfer rate per half-height drive (1080GB/hr); Up to 360MB/s native transfer rate per full-height drive (1296GB/hr)
- Device-level AES-256 hardware encryption